A highly regarded national law firm with several offices providing a comprehensive range of services for business and individual clients.
You must demonstrate an ability to work to the SRA's Skills Standards and to provide accurate, focused advice to clients.
You require familiarity with and confidence in the use of office IT applications; and good typing skills.
* advocate and present orally when required;
* conduct effective case and transaction management;
* develop strong client relationships;
* communicate concisely both verbally and in writing with colleagues and clients;
* draft legal documents, advice notes and give legal advice that is clear and concise;
* interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action;
* identify the relevant legal issues applicable to a case or a transaction;
* conduct negotiations where appropriate;
* researching relevant areas of law;
* knowledge of residential property and the conveyancing process particularly as applied to acquisitions, disposals and leases of residential land and buildings;
* knowledge of lenders requirements under CML Handbook and understanding of anti-money laundering (AML) fraud policies.
* Demonstrate a good level of competence in own area of law;
* Advise clients on matters and refer matters to supervisor (s) when appropriate;
* Take client calls successfully and produce/record effective telephone notes;
* Demonstrate a good understanding of the client's aims and objectives;
* Apply Firm and departmental processes and procedures;
* Demonstrate best use of precedents and know how to save time and costs;
* Draft concise documents in plain language;
* Able to apply AML and anti-mortgage fraud policies;
* Manage cases in accordance with the CQS Protocol and Standards;
* Contribute to appropriate business development activities of the team and the Firm, and wherever the opportunity arises, promotes the services of teams from across the Firm to the client for whom they are acting.
The successful candidate will have at least 2pqe working in a similar role and will have strong team working skills.
* Achieve financial and hours targets as set by Head of Residential Conveyancing;
* Demonstrate an understanding/awareness of working capital and regular billing and refer matters as necessary in a timely fashion to the Supervisor;
* Bring matters to the attention of the Supervisor and/or clients at the appropriate time and updates fee estimates accordingly.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.