International firm is looking for aDue Diligence Professional Support Lawyer for the Real Estate team in the Manchester office
Primarily your role will be to apply your first-class legal knowledge and experience to all real estate due diligence related tasks including (but not limited to) reviewing, reporting and negotiating on real estate titles and documents for clients whilst working closely with the Real Estate teams in London and Manchester.
On occasion you will be required to support the Manchester Real Estate Finance team including (but not limited to):-
· carrying out all due diligence related tasks;
· inputting to real estate aspects of the finance documents (including drafting, reviewing and agreeing all relevant representations, warranties and conditions); and
· taking lead responsibility for the delivery of relevant conditions precedent etc.
What's in it for you?
This role provides the opportunity to help shape the future of legal services delivery. It is ideal for someone who is seeking an alternative to the traditional legal career path, combining legal and business skills whilst maintaining legal work without the personal billing pressures of a typical legal role. It would suit those individuals looking for a good work life balance and who are comfortable working in a virtual environment.
- Provide due diligence advice and support to clients on commercial property matters ensuring that the clients' interests are protected
· Conduct detailed research and analysis and produce high quality work through understanding and summarising large amounts of complex information in a concise manner
· Review matters relating to landlord and tenant, developments, acquisitions and disposals and Real Estate Finance (with particular emphasis on CLLS Certificates of Title)
· Review draft documents to ensure that they meet client requirements
· Assist with the continuous improvement of processes, systems and precedents and contribute to new ideas generation
· Participate in project work as necessary using skills and expertise to drive continuous improvement opportunities (including project management of larger transactions on behalf of the Due Diligence team if required)
· Providing support to the London client teams in relation to aspects of complex asset management projects
· Developing existing key client relationships, both with external client contacts and internal stakeholders, including the London and Manchester client teams
· Providing advice to clients to ensure that their interests are protected and that all relevant laws and regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Real Estate lawyers (London & Manchester)
Experience and Knowledge
- 6+ years PQE
· Strong technical expertise - essential
· Transactional Real Estate experience including exposure to significant levels of Real Estate due diligence - essential
· Experience of working in a virtual team - desirable
Skills and Competencies
· Ability to develop strong working relationships and understand the client, market and regulatory regime in which we operate
· Ability to critique and constantly evaluate service provision in order to identify areas of improvement
· Strong influencing, client management and problem solving skills
· Flexible attitude with the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
· Ability to identify the commercial impact of legal issues and explain them to non-legal clients
· Good commercial acumen combined with an innovative approach to matters
· Driven, ambitious and committed
· High attention to detail
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.