Our client is a national commercial firmand they are looking for a 2PQE+ to join the property litigation team.
The Property Litigation team deals with a wide range of disputes affecting both private and public sectors. Our clients include large retailers, registered providers of social housing, local government departments, universities, large companies and owner managed businesses. We take a pragmatic approach and focus on the commercial realities of every situation.
To manage a caseload of mixed property litigation work, predominantly commercial but the successful candidate will ideally have some experience of social housing litigation and/or agricultural property litigation.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Manage own caseload of commercial property litigation cases, including but not limited to estate management work, possession actions, business lease renewals, injunctions to enforce compliance with covenants, boundary disputes, party wall act matters and general property disputes
- Act for clients predominantly in the licensed and leisure sector
- Manage a small number of residential cases and general commercial litigation work
- Assist with other general litigation work as required
- Assist partners and other team members with their caseloads of similar work
- Assist with business development and profile raising initiatives including networking events
- Develop and support more junior members of the team
- Complete MI procedures as required
- Achieve set targets/KPIs
- Ensure relevant deadlines, compliance and quality measures are adhered to
- Comply with the firms and client policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.