A Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive is required for the Private Client Department of this large Warwickshire firm with multiple offices. This role is based at the Coventry office
Full-time or part-time hours considered
This well-established and forward-thinking Legal 500 firm offers interesting, challenging and rewarding career opportunities for suitably legally qualified, managerial and administrative staff.
Your responsibilities will be to carry out Private Client work, dealing with Wills, Probate, Court of Protection and Trust matters.
You will need the necessary skills and drive to be involved in practice development initiatives. You will work in accordance with the Firm's Manual and acting at all times in an appropriate manner as an employee of a professional practice.
We will consider all levels of experience, but ideally you will have a minimum of 2 years' experience.
You will need good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook, be highly organised, forward thinking, astute and commercially aware, with excellent communication skills and a polite and patient manner.
* To carry out Private Client work under the supervision of the Line Manager
* To work in accordance with the Firm's Office Manual and to act at all times in an appropriate way as an employee of a professional practice Key Responsibilities:
* Attending clients and taking instructions
* Preparation of wills
* Tax planning, referring to Line Manager as necessary
* Preparation of Power of Attorneys and Court of Protection work
* Estate administration
* Maintenance of files and preparation of full attendance notes
* Preparation of bills
* Undertaking any reasonable instructions made by Members, Department Heads or Fee Earners within the limits of this job description
* Assistance with departmental and firm wide marketing initiatives
* Time recording in conjunction with Firm Policy
* Attendance at department and Fee Earner meetings Knowledge and Experience:
* 2 years plus PQE considered
* Knowledge of wills, powers of attorney and estate administration
* Good IT and keyboard skills (carry out own typing where necessary) including knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Outlook and Excel
* STEP, SFE membership beneficial but not essential
* Friendly and personable
* Strong numeracy skills
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Ability to undertake work in accordance with requirements of the Firm's Office Manual
* Driving licence and use of own vehicle essential
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.