Our Wills, Tax, Trusts and Probate team was recognised as a 'superior' team in Legal 500, 2011 edition, reflecting our enviable reputation for advising clients on all their personal legal needs. We are proud to provide a personal, transparent and efficient service by a team which includes fully qualified members of STEP (The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) as well as members of Solicitors for the Elderly. Understanding the importance of careful estate planning to help provide for future generations, we offer lifetime and post-death planning to a diverse range of clients.
Main purpose of role
You will be responsible for the leadership and supervision of the Leeds team and furthering the development of junior colleagues. You will work closely with the head of department and team manager to grow the team and ensure excellent client service.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage own caseload of private client work, including high value/complex probate work and estate planning for high net worth individuals
- Assist other case handlers in the team and wider department with their cases as may be required
- Supervise and develop the skills of other team members
- Advise and take instructions from clients in relation to their financial affairs
- Travel to and attend upon clients
- Prepare and file various correspondence, notes and documentation
- Assist with marketing the services of the team and wider department
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets\KPIs
- Ensure relevant deadlines and quality measures are adhered to
- Comply with relevant Weightmans client policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.