Our client is a national commercial firm and they are seeking a Local Government Lawyer to primarily manage a caseload of general adult social services, child protection, education and local government law cases. With their diverse offering, inevitably there will both the scope and need for their lawyers to be involved in work for clients outside of their core caseload. They are seeking someone who is excited about this challenge and will embrace this variety of work.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Specialise in acting on behalf of various local authorities, protecting their interests in matters of adult and child social care issues
- Manage a caseload of general adult social services, child protection, education and local government law cases
- Attend applications and hearings at court, including travel, and accompany counsel where necessary
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KPIs are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.