Our client is an established Coventry firm and they are recruiting for a secretary to join the busy personal injury department. The ideal candidate will provide comprehensive secretarial and admin support to their appointed lawyer to ensure that they are able to operate at optimum efficiency.
A legal background is not necessary as on the job training will be given, however strong speedy touch typing skills are essential as the role demands a considerable amount of audio typing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (included but are not limited to):
- To prepare correspondence and legal documents through audio and copy typing.
- Liaising with clients either face to face or over the phone.
- Paperwork including daily filing, opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files.
- Managing general administrative support to the lawyer and at times the wider team.
- To prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain diary of their lawyer.
Essential Skills and experience:
- Fast, speedy typing skills
- Good standard of education (prefer grade C in English and Maths at GCSE)
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Good organisation and attention to detail.
Good communication skills.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.