BNP Paribas Cardif Ltd is recruiting for a full-time in-house Solicitor. You will be the only solicitor based in our Reading office. We focus on the provision of motor-related insurance products under the brand “Warranty Direct”.
This role is ideal for an ambitious lawyer who is happy to work alone, but with the close support of lawyers in the rest of the group.
It's a great time to join us on our progressive journey. We are a subsidiary of BNP Paribas Cardif, a worldwide provider of insurance and savings products, and ultimately part of the global banking group, BNP Paribas.
- To provide legal advice and assistance to BNP Paribas Cardif, based in Reading.
- It is currently envisaged that this person will spend 1 day per week in Borehamwood, Herts, in order to ensure they are integrated into the wider group legal team.
- Draft, amend, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including Distribution Agreements, Introducer Agreements, IT Contracts and other Supplier Contracts
- Draft and negotiate bespoke documentation where required for new projects and initiatives
- Amend and review documentation when required by legislative or regulatory changes
- Provide legal advice in an insurance context
- Provide legal advice on specific or strategic projects
- Deal with routine legal enquiries raised
- Responding to queries from our Head Office in Paris
- Assist with legal claims brought by/against any group company
- Participate in departmental “Legal and Regulatory Developments” meetings and assist in ensuring we comply with all relevant developments
- Use the most appropriate means of communication
- Explain complex and/or technical information clearly and accurately
- To provide legal support in relation to matters of financial services regulation
- In conjunction with the Compliance department to advise on regulatory matters, in an insurance context. This will include advising on consultations, policy statements and guidance
Required Skills and Work Experience
- Experience in drafting commercial contracts
- Self-starter, results driven, able to achieve objectives independently.
- Ability to advise and engage with all levels of the business, including senior management.
- Assertive and robust in giving advice and complying with group procedures
- Ability to deliver sound commercial advice.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation and communication skills.
- Work autonomously and as a team player.
- Capable of undertaking a wide and varied caseload.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to engage with external legal advisers where required.
- Experience in reviewing and negotiating IT contracts
- Understanding of financial services/insurance and regulatory matters.
- Lives within easy commuting distance of Reading, and willing to travel to our office in Borehamwood, Herts a minimum of once a week.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister
- The role will be at a level which would normally be suitable for individuals with a minimum of 3 years’ post qualification experience but we would welcome applications from any candidate who can demonstrate the essential skills and necessary competencies.
- Excellent salary & benefits package
For more information about this role and the application process, please contact our retained recruitment consultant;
Lucy Boyd, Director,
128 Cheapside, EC2V 6BT