The Panel on Takeovers and Mergers is an independent body, established in 1968, whose main functions are to issue and administer the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers and to supervise and regulate takeovers and other matters to which the Code applies. Its central objective is to ensure fair treatment for all shareholders in takeover bids.
The Panel is looking for an enthusiastic KM Specialist to join its support team to migrate and cleanse the Panel's knowledge base and precedent documentation underpinning the Takeover Code.
The successful candidate will focus on the current physical and electronic documents retained in the Panel's knowledge system as they are migrated to a new management system, as directed by the leadership of the Panel.
Tasks will include:
Precedents and Know How
- Reviewing and updating the tagging and cross referencing of the Panel's library of precedent and opinion
- Migration, capture and maintenance of the precedent database
- Submission and maintenance of KM systems and content
- Assisting with reviewing and relevancy testing (i.e. ensuring that documents can be found using search)
Queries and requests
- Assisting with basic queries
- Analysing queries and assisting with identifying knowledge management (KM) and technical training needs.
- Assisting with the preparation of training on knowledge resources
- UK qualified solicitor or paralegal with a strong understanding of corporate and M&A law
- Training and practice experience is likely to have been gained with a leading City, US or international law firm with exposure to high value transactions
- Ability to review, analyse and organise documentary and factual evidence
- Strong attention to detail - gets it right first time
- Excellent IT skills (knowledge of iManage, Insight, Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat preferred.)
Core Competencies of the role:
- High work standards
- Excellent writing, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines and manage own caseload
- Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the organisation
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- Keen to develop and use initiative
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in a small organisation.
Previous PSL experience is desirable but not essential
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a role in Knowledge Management, with a genuine interest in learning about the history and development of the Takeover Code. The Panel is looking for someone to join the team who has a very strong work ethic and a genuine interest in working for a regulatory body.
Lipson Lloyd-Jones is exclusively instructed on this vacancy and any direct or third party applications will be forwarded to Lipson Lloyd-Jones.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.