The role sits within the legal team of a large housing company.
The position would ideally suit a qualified personal injury lawyer, liability/casualty claims manager or legal executive who is looking for a firm where they can fully utilise and develop their skills.
You will be part of a sector leading team and will help to develop the in-house capabilities.
The successful post holder will be working closely with the in-house liability claims negotiators and be responsible for handling a range of liability claims. Your main responsibilities will include:
* Handling a caseload of Public Liability claims from notification to settlement
* Management of the claims portal for personal injury claims
* Oversee the work of respective claim handling staff
* Providing technical advice and guidance to managers across the business
* To collaboratively work and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to collate all relevant information to inform the position in terms of legal liability.
* Conducting interviews with internal staff where necessary and assisting in the preparation to obtain and draft witness statements.
* Acting as a main point of contact in respect of all legal liability claims
* Undertake trend analysis and lessons learned exercises
* responsibility for a wide range of technical legal liability insurance guidance
* Establishing claim reserves
* Ensuring adherence to agreed procedures and best practice
To take advantage of this opportunity you need to meet the following criteria:
* Qualified solicitor, paralegal, legal executive or related insurance qualification(s)
* Understanding of legislation and legal liability
* Knowledge of the CPR and litigation processes
* Experience of handling legal liability claims from notification to settlement
* Ability to interpret and apply policy information
* Investigative, evaluative and negotiation skills
* Previous experience handling liability claims
* Case management and diary use
* Excellent customer service skills
* Good communicator both orally and in writing
* Good team working skills
* Results orientated
* Supervisory/people management responsibility
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.