The role sits within the legal team of a large housing company.
The position would ideally suit a qualified personal injury lawyer, liability/casualty claims manager or legal executive who is looking for a firm where they can fully utilise and develop their skills.
You will be part of a sector leading team and will help to develop the in-house capabilities.
The successful post holder will be working closely with the in-house liability claims negotiators and be responsible for handling a range of liability claims. Your main responsibilities will include:
* Handling a caseload of Public Liability claims from notification to settlement
* Management of the claims portal for personal injury claims
* Oversee the work of respective claim handling staff
* Providing technical advice and guidance to managers across the business
* To collaboratively work and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to collate all relevant information to inform the position in terms of legal liability.
* Conducting interviews with internal staff where necessary and assisting in the preparation to obtain and draft witness statements.
* Acting as a main point of contact in respect of all legal liability claims
* Undertake trend analysis and lessons learned exercises
* responsibility for a wide range of technical legal liability insurance guidance
* Establishing claim reserves
* Ensuring adherence to agreed procedures and best practice
To take advantage of this opportunity you need to meet the following criteria:
* Qualified solicitor, paralegal, legal executive or related insurance qualification(s)
* Understanding of legislation and legal liability
* Knowledge of the CPR and litigation processes
* Experience of handling legal liability claims from notification to settlement
* Ability to interpret and apply policy information
* Investigative, evaluative and negotiation skills
* Previous experience handling liability claims
* Case management and diary use
* Excellent customer service skills
* Good communicator both orally and in writing
* Good team working skills
* Results orientated
* Supervisory/people management responsibility
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.