A leading UK charity.
- Providing legal advice, and interpretation of legislation, on risk and opportunities in line with the charity's objectives.
- Custodian of good risk-based decision making, with responsibility for making decisions on legal risk within role scope.
- Preparing Board papers so that decisions can be taken at trustee level.
- Advising on and drafting legal agreements and documentation as required.
- Advising and responding to complaints from individuals, regulators or government department.
- Providing legal advice to internal clients on campaigning activities and strategic projects
- Deliver legal training to the organisation where required; and effective use of external counsel and the legal budget.
- Draft and update policy to help the charity manage legal risks in areas such as fraud, bribery, campaigning and safeguarding
- Manage the charity's legal relationships with its branches, members, volunteers, fundraisers and service users with particular responsibility for administering the branch constitution
- Prepare/negotiate service level agreements and similar contracts with third parties in the interests of the business and on the instruction of internal client
* 3 PQE UK qualified solicitor
* Ideally some in house experience
* Previous charity experience would be beneficial
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.