Our client is a leading national law firm with a particular emphasis on health and social care matters.
The Housing team is thriving and carries out real estate transactions such as major development work, plot sales, right to buy, staircasing and shared ownership. It also has a very successful housing management department supporting housing associations with landlord/tenant matters.
The team is seeking a self-motivated and committed Solicitor, Chartered Legal Executive Lawyer or Licensed Conveyancer to join the busy Plot Sales team. Required is someone ideally with experience in development, site set up work and plot sales in order to facilitate the successful completion of multiple plot sales on the clients' developments.
It is anticipated that in order to have the relevant skills and experience required for this role, the ideal candidate will have at least 2 years post-qualification experience, preferably within a leading housing or real estate practice.
The successful candidate is likely to be in a similar role within a residential conveyancing, development, plot sales or generalist housing profession in either a legal or professional services environment (minimum of two years relevant experience preferred) and will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- at least 2 years post-qualification experience, preferably within a leading housing or real estate practice;
- knowledge and understanding of affordable housing products, regulation and procedures, particularly in relation to shared ownership and equity; and
- proven experience of handling his/her own residential conveyancing caseload (ideally in a new build environment).
Particular knowledge and experience that would be beneficial for this role includes:
- site set up work for plot sales;
- a proven track record in LCHO/SH schemes and development work acting on the purchase of new build stock for residential clients;
- substantial experience in residential property - both leasehold and freehold;
- mortgage lender requirements in residential stock;
- investigation of title and reporting work;
- the ability to understand, use and contribute to the development of computerised conveyancing case management systems; and
- previous experience of case management systems would also be helpful, although is not essential.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.