A highly regarded law firm with offices located nationally specialising in providing exceptional client service in health, housing and social care.
You will be joining our client's Advisory and Inquests team which is part of their wider Clinical Law department focusing on clinical negligence and advisory work. The work undertaken by our client's Advisory and Inquests team
involves helping their health and social care clients across a wide range of issues, including: -
- Treatment and best interest matters;
- Consent and confidentiality;
- Mental Health and Mental Capacity law, to include Deprivation of Liberty cases;
- Information law (DPA/FOIA/GDPR);
- Public law, advising commissioning and service provider organisations on governance, powers and responsibilities, as well as funding and treatment decision making;
- Litigation: including judicial review challenges, Court of Protection matters, mental health tribunal work;
- Governance and patient safety investigations.
Inquests experience would be an advantage but by no means essential.
This role will involve advising on the above issues, working alongside a national team of leading solicitors and supportive colleagues.
You will be a Newly Qualified Solicitor or have up to 3 pqe, expected to be an advisory solicitor (or just about to qualify) preferably within a leading healthcare law practice.
The work includes dealing with some of the most important and politically sensitive cases.
The successful candidate will need to be a confident lawyer who is dynamic, self-motivated and able to develop the skills to work with very senior management.
The ability to work as part of a friendly team and deliver excellent client service at all times is also essential to this role.
You will demonstrate talent, ambition and a real interest in the healthcare sector.
Advocacy experience will be advantageous, but is not essential. Most importantly you will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, being able to adapt your style to communicate effectively with a wide range of professional people, and enthusiastic about delivering excellent quality service to your clients.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.