Head of Department, Litigation Role in Multi office West Midlands firm
Based at our Coventry office Competitive salary plus benefits, full time role
A rare and exciting new opportunity has arisen in our Coventry office for a talented ambitious Solicitor/Legal Executive to Head up the Litigation department. The role has come about due to the current Head of Department retiring. The Head of Department whilst based at Coventry will cover multiple office locations across Warwickshire. This role would suit an Associate looking to take the next step in their career or a current Head of Department looking for a new challenge. We are a Legal 500 multi discipline law firm based within Coventry and Warwickshire with big plans for the future. Working for us, you will able to make your mark whilst maintain a work life balance.
Job Title: Head of Department Department: Litigation
Reporting to: Managing Director
* Management of the Litigation Department over multiple office locations, providing strong leadership to the team, including financial management and budgeting, departmental risk compliance and performance and development of staff;
* Develop the departmental and firm wide work through business development initiatives with support from the firms Business Development Director
* Handle own caseload;
* Work in accordance with the Office Manual, SRA Codes of Conduct and SRA Accounts Rules and The Law Society LEXCEL standard;
* Act always in an appropriate way as an employee of a professional practice; Key Responsibilities
* Day-to-day management of the department. Ensure staff within the department are suitably trained and have clear development plans.
* Conduct and co-ordinate performance and file reviews within the department.
* Travel to multiple office locations;
* Undertake financial control and management of the department as required by the Directors of the Company.
* Pro-active marketing and business development of the department, with the assistance of the Business Development Director to include attendance at networking and exhibition events
* Monitor own caseload progression compliance and billing
* Undertake own work in accordance withnthly Management Meetings and otherwise as appropriate
* Comply with the quality systems
* Responsible for implementing and managing Risk and Compliance policies of the Firm relating to Litigation matters.
* Deal with complaints that arise within the department
* Ensure departmental procedures are AML, Lexcel compliant
* Arrange and chair regular departmental meetings and to ensure effective communication within the department.
* Attend management and Director/Head meetings, where required, as the representative of the department and Head of Department meetings
* Organise and attend all appropriate internal and external training seminars.
* Undertaking any reasonable instructions given by Directors within the limits of this employment description Knowledge and Experience
* Qualified Solicitor/ Chartered Legal Executive with a minimum of 7 PQE within a Litigation Department;
* Managing and supporting a Team;
* Up-to-date knowledge of the law and legal system as is required;
* Ability to work on own initiative;
* Excellent organisation skills;
* Driving licence and use of own vehicle essential;
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel;
* Experience of case management systems and time recording (knowledge of Tikit would be advantageous);
* Knowledge and understanding of current AML regulations, SRA Accounts Rules and Codes of Conduct;
* Awareness of cybersecurity and data protection issues and legislation;
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal); skilled in dealing sensitively with clients;
* Good working knowledge and application of accounting and finance systems within the period);
* One free Will and Property transaction (on completion of probation period);
* BUPA healthcare scheme (on completion of probation period);
* Company Sick Pay (on completion Company;
* To work outside strict office hours as necessary
Salary & Benefits * Competitive Salary with annual reviews;
* Generous holiday entitlement;
* Pension Scheme;
* Discounted legal fees (on completion of probationof probation period);
* Long service awards;
* Career development and performance reviews;
* Technical and personal skills training;
* Community and fundraising events;
* Full induction programme;
* Town centre location;
the requirements of the Office Manual
* Responsible for the department's achievement of agreed targets and review of key performance indicators
* Report to the Directors at Mo
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.