This national firm is looking for a senior employment solicitor to join the Manchester team
We are looking for an accomplished, senior Employment lawyer to take ownership of our employment disputes team based in Manchester and Croydon to provide strategic leadership, development and growth.
The employment disputes team work mainly for insurers representing sme's and individuals who are often benefiting from an insurance or affinity relationship.
Duties and accountabilities
- Lead and manage the employment disputes team
- Manage, reinforce and develop internal organisational referrer relationships, corporate client and business partner relationships for growth of employment disputes department and wider business
- Input into strategy and direction at senior level
- Provide both contentious and non-contentious legal advice representing businesses and individuals in employment tribunals and civil courts
- Supervise and mentor other lawyers within the team
- General management including; governance, compliance, supplier and contract management
- Budget, financial and profitability control including managing own caseload of employment work delivering appropriate personal billing and financial KPI's.
- Support the advice line and hub services management in relation to content and quality of employment matters.
- Overall team strategic direction, development and marketing (including website, literature, communications and PR)
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Have significant employment law expertise and management experience.
- Experience of client management and practice development
- Be able to demonstrate technical excellence
- A following of business or strong business development experience will be a significant advantage.
- Be expected to develop and bring in new business to the department for exceptional growth.
- Have knowledge of legal/insurance relationships and their interaction.
- Demonstrate first class client care and communication skills across all levels.
- Have high attention to detail and accurate case management skills. Excellent written communication skills.
- Effective manager, demonstrate positive and co-operative interaction with team members.
This firm celebrates the value of a diverse workforce that brings experience and expertise from a wide variety of backgrounds and life circumstances. Whatever your background, if you feel you meet the requirements of this role then we want to hear from you.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.