This commercial firm is looking for a Deft EL/PL solicitor/Ilex/Paralegal to join the team in the Birmingham office
A solicitor, legal executive working within the Employers Liability / Public Liability injury Casualty team.
* Your case load will be primarily Fast Track defendant litigated cases on behalf key insurer clients. You may be asked to assist other senior colleagues on more complex and higher value cases.
* The cases will often involve incidents that occur during sporting events, acting on behalf of teams, associations or governing bodies.
* You will be working in a team of 10+ fee earners with plans for further growth.
* You will work for a mixture of household name insurer clients and self Insured customer which instruct us directly.
* You must be able to handle a varied workload in accordance with client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision. Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
* You shall exercise full compliance with the firms protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
* Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year and also achieve a billing target commensurate with your role and client fee scale.
* As part of your role you may be asked to support marketing and business development activity within the team. This will include meeting clients, attending training sessions and marketing events.
* Build an awareness of the firm's other services. Build effective internal and external networks.
* Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
* Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
* Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
* Solicitor, CILEX or paralegal with a demonstrable interest in defendant injury claims
* Litigation and EL/PL experience would be an advantage
* Good relationship and commercial/insurer client handling skills.
* A proven awareness of management information, client driven KPI's and their importance to meeting client expectations.
* Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
* An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues.
* Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
* Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
The Claims Solutions team advises insurers and corporate clients in their defence of claims of all values, types and complexity. Our National team whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant litigation, to include catastrophic injury, motor, casualty, disease, product and health and safety. Increasingly, the team is getting involved in pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.