The Casualty team provides a full, expert service in defending public and employers' liability claims, particularly workplace, public sector and claims against the emergency services. This team is second-to-none in providing defendant litigation services in these specialist areas. They operate on a national basis with dedicated workplace, public and police teams.
To assist other fee earners with their caseloads, of fast and multi track litigated EL/PL cases for a wide range of clients.
To assist with a caseload of mainly stress at work type claims - as well as other EL and PL cases.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Assist in managing a caseload of defendant litigated EL/PL claims
- Draft and perform legal research, investigations, etc
- Attend at conferences and Court
- Communicate with clients, counsel and other parties
- Ensure your training and development needs are met
- Complete client MI procedures as and when required
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.