Our client is an international commercial law firm who is seeking a defendant PI Solicitor to work in the EL/PL team in the Newcastle office
Working within the injury team, your case load will comprise of PL and EL claims predominantly for public sector clients. Experience of dealing with EL and PL claims is essential. A knowledge of highways tripping claims is preferable. You will have a primarily fast track case load with some multi track cases.
* You will work for a mixture of household name insurer clients and self-Insured bodies which instruct us direct.
* You will handle a varied workload in accordance with client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision. Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
* You will exercise full compliance with the firms protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
* You will aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
* You will support marketing and business development activity within the team eg attending marketing events and client training.
* You will build an awareness of the firms other services. Build effective internal and external networks.
* You will maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
* You will handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
* Solicitor/FILEx with previous experience in the practice area
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
* Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
* Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
The Claims Solutions team advises insurers and corporate clients in their defence of claims of all values, types and complexity. Our National team whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates deal with all aspects of defendant litigation, to include catastrophic injury, motor, casualty, disease, product and health and safety. Increasingly, the team is getting involved in pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.