6 Month FTC Deft PI EL/PL Liverpool, may be extended
This is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK 2019, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
Our Casualty team provides a full, expert service in defending public and employers' liability claims, particularly workplace, public sector and claims against the emergency services. The team is second-to-none in providing defendant litigation services in these specialist areas. We operate on a national basis with dedicated workplace, public and police teams.
To manage a caseload of fast and multi-track pre-litigated and litigated E/LPL cases for a wide range of insurer and self-insured clients.
- Review case upon allocation and report to client/prepare strategy report as appropriate
- Assist others with their caseloads and provide assistance where appropriate
- Complete MI procedures as and when required
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- 1 - 6 year PQE
- Genuine and demonstrable interest in casualty work, preferably with some previous experience
- Knowledge of Lexcel procedure
- Knowledge of CPR procedures with proven technical ability
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills