A commercially astute law firm with a strong international focus and long heritage of delivering high quality legal advice serving a wide range of corporate, institutional and private clients.
A fantastic opportunity to join the client's risk & compliance department, which currently comprises of a
team of three, including a Compliance Assistant, a Senior Compliance Officer and the Head of
Risk & Compliance.
The client offers exceptional training and career development and the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business.
As a debt recovery assistant in the risk and compliance department you will: -
- run a streamlined and effective debt collection service working with internal debts;
- provide litigation support as part of the process of revenue control with the objective of progressing the recovery of unpaid invoices by means of the litigation process;
- assist the finance partner, chief operating officer and head of risk & compliance and will work closely with the firm's revenue controllers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review files before action is taken and recommend and agree strategy with the finance partner and risk manager to instigate legal proceedings, ensuring files above a certain level are escalated to the Head of Risk and Compliance;
- initiate legal proceedings, taking cases to court where appropriate;
- ensure fee earners are kept appraised of all dealings on their files/clients including incoming monies without delay;
- enhance existing debt collection methods and run the litigation day to day;
- liaise with the risk management team, reviewing current processes and assisting with improvements;
- negotiate and monitor payments by instalments as required;
- ensure all client/fee earner queries are resolved in a timely manner;
- liaise between clients/fee earners/risk management team regarding disputes or complaints; and
- liaise with the revenue controllers and fee earners about invoice/disbursements or WIP write offs or transfers as necessary.
General responsibilities within this role include:
- Ensuring all filing is accurate and up to date at all times;
- responding to and dealing with all client queries via telephone or correspondence; and
- keeping accurate and up to date records of all contact with fee earners/clients.
You will have:-
- good academics, including a minimum of 2.1 (or equivalent) at degree level and good "A" levels (or equivalent);
- specialist knowledge of in-house debt collection for professional practices;
- an understanding of court debt recovery processes;
- an understanding of professional negligence and insolvency matters within a debt recovery context would be advantageous;
- experience of international debt collection involving several different jurisdictions would be helpful;
- the ability to demonstrate familiarity with the Solicitors Regulation Authority Code of Conduct and the Solicitors' Accounts Rules;
- the ability to demonstrate exceptional case management and meticulous attention to detail; and
- a demonstrable proven track record of excellent direct client contact and client care.
You will be:-
- a confident communicator with a positive work ethic and the ability to build credible relationships with clients both internally and externally;
- an individual who presents themselves with professionalism and polish, who will inspire the confidence of clients and colleagues; and
- an astute, motivated and enthusiatic individual to represent the client's brand.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.