A leading provider of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors.
The Clinical Law Advisory division carries out a wide range of work across:
* information law across whole client base;
* consent and confidentiality;
* public law issues;
* judicial reviews;
* court of protection;
* mental health issues;
* regulatory matters; and
* clinical risk management.
Candidates will therefore be expected to have experience of advising on information law issues, ideally across transactional, advisory and litigation issues focusing on:
* GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 - advising on the lawfulness of processing activities, documentation and assurance;
* Responding to complex subject access requests in the health, regulatory and housing spheres, together with other information rights requests;
* Helping clients manage Personal Data Breaches;
* Support to specialist Employment and Corporate and Commercial teams for instance drafting data sharing and processing agreements;
* Freedom of Information law, including complaints to the ICO, and appeals to the Tribunal;
* Common law confidentiality and vires issues for statutory bodies; and
* Training for clients.
There is the scope for advocacy and client secondments in this role, and the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work on broader work-streams within the team as outlined above.
Our client is seeking a solicitor or barrister to join their highly regarded team of advocates and healthcare advisory specialists, focussing on information law issues.
Successful candidates will need to be dynamic, self-motivated and able to develop skills to work with senior officers of the firm's clients.
Your experience is preferably gained within a leading healthcare practice of solicitors or barristers, although our client will consider experienced lawyers without healthcare experience.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.