An international law firm.
For a data protection - Senior Knowledge Lawyer to work in the London team but also to interact with the global data protection group (in particular the European team) and more widely within the firm.
The Senior Knowledge Lawyer position reports directly into the Head of the European Data Protection Group who is located in London, with a reporting line to the Head of Knowledge, EMEA.
* Acting as a sounding board for lawyers to discuss the legal issues which they face across a broad range of data protection and information law matters, including the application of the data protection rules in the context of new technologies, regulated and unregulated environments and where data is shared globally
* Tracking current legal and technological developments and informing the team and clients (including by way of blog posts) of important new developments
* Maintaining existing precedents and drafting new precedents, including policies and contractual privacy terms and conditions
* Reviewing existing practice notes and similar materials, and drafting new practice notes, including from scratch in complex areas of data protection law
* Providing knowledge support to business development initiatives, including in the key industry sectors and key client initiatives.
* Preparing and delivering legal training to associates, partners and clients as part of a structured programme tailored to suit the team's / client's needs
* Drafting material for external or internal publications and identifying topics of interest
* Feeding into the knowledge team's know-how strategy and implementing such strategy by promoting the use of internal databases and by implementing a process for data privacy knowhow collection (research notes, transactional documents, training material etc)
* Helping to promote the collection and dissemination of knowledge to and from London in relation to the global data protection group, including by acting as a knowledge liaison point in relation to the global group
A qualified lawyer with significant legal experience in data protection law, operating at a senior level
A good understanding of key data protection environments and related initiatives (ad tech eco-system and financial eco-system in particular; life sciences and health tech ideally too)
Experience in drafting data protection polices, templates and related agreements in plain language
Experience in designing and delivering successful, interesting and innovative training, targeted to the audience
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.