We are looking for a newly qualified Corporate Associate to join our Birmingham office. You will be part of the Corporate and Commercial National Service Line, and you will undertake a broad mix of corporate work; acquisitions, disposals, corporate finance, joint ventures and general corporate advisory work.
The role will involve working as part of the growing Birmingham corporate team, which is made up of three partners and five assistants and which offers an excellent environment for an NQ looking to develop in a well-structured and supportive team.
There will also be an opportunity to develop or enhance expertise in a wide range of work carried out nationally within the NSL. The firms business model is for teams and resource to be structured on a national basis, allowing you to gain experience in private equity, capital markets, international, and other more niche areas of work, as well as developing genuine sector experience.
The NSL advises a broad range of clients, ranging from new start-ups, through to substantial private companies and PLCs, on a broad range of corporate issues and transactions, including IPOs, MBOs, fundraisings, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital investments and acquisitions and disposals.
Why should I apply?
This is an ideal opportunity to develop your career in a supportive and collaborative environment. This firm has been listed in the Sunday Times "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the last 15 years - the only law firm to have achieved this.
What experience is required?
- You will be NQ+ with corporate experience.
- You will have a good background in transactional work and be able to demonstrate both working as part of a team on large transactions and managing smaller transactions.
What skills and attributes would I need?
- Good academics
- Technically strong
- Attention to detail
- Excellent drafting and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team skills
- Good business development skills, and the desire and commitment to build and improve upon them , as part of developing the Birmingham corporate practice
- Organisation and prioritisation
- Systematic and methodical approach to work with ability to demonstrate these skills
- Experience of transactional work and the demands that tight timescales can bring
- Knowledge of private equity or venture capital style investment terms
- Experience of M&A transactional work
- Some exposure to public company and capital markets work
- Evidence of an understanding of what is needed to help grow and develop a corporate practice
This firm is committed to promoting equality, diversity and to providing an inclusive and supportive environment. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and endeavour to achieve the right balance for both our people and the business. This attitude to flexible working ensures we continue to provide outstanding service to our clients, whilst allowing our people to develop their careers in the knowledge that personal priorities will remain just that'.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.