Innovative, collaborative and illustrious regional firm.
The main focus of the role is to act as a lead fee earner on the team's mid-sized transactions (£2m - £10m enterprise value).
You will also act as the main assistant on the team's larger transactions by supporting a Partner.
This role will also require you to assist with the development of and supervision of the more junior team members. You will be required to adopt an open approach to assisting those more junior with queries on an ad-hoc basis.
A range of transactions to include general mergers, disposals and acquisitions; MBO's; MBI's; private equity, investments and bank funded acquisitions; joint ventures and investment agreements; advising banks on acquisition and structured finance as well as secured lending transactions and corporate structuring
- Act for a wide range of corporate clients such as large plc's, private equity houses, banks and other financial institutions as well as for private individuals on investments and disposals;
- Manage a large and varied caseload with a strong commercial approach;
- Play an active role in building the business; developing marketing initiatives and drawing on existing contacts;
- Develop strong links with other teams in the Firm to encourage the cross-referral of work;
- Organise your workload to ensure work is correctly prioritised.
You will have:
- Ideally, at least 6 years post qualification experience of corporate finance work;
- Proven experience of working within a client focused environment; the ability to build and sustain relationships;
- Commercial awareness, offering technical excellence with a practical approach;
- Knowledge and experience of working within at least one of the following market sectors; Aviation; Travel, Insurance, Manufacturing or Financial Services would be advantageous;
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Case Management Systems;
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards;
- The ability to be a strong team player;
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team not only in Corporate Finance but with internal teams across the business;
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage a varied workload with the support of comprehensive accounting tools.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.