The corporate team provides a comprehensive range of legal services, with a particular focus on corporate transactional work, including mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs and buy-ins, and trade sales and disposals.
It also handles company formations, re-organisations and re-structuring, joint ventures, shareholders agreements and investment agreements and offer advice on general company law compliance and corporate governance.
The individual will have the following duties and responsibilities:
* Working with colleagues on the full range of corporate transactions (including share and business sales and purchases, reorganisations and fund raisings).
* The bulk of the work will be transactional, but some knowledge and experience of commercial law would be an advantage.
* Showing a solid understanding and technical knowledge of company law.
* An ability to work independently and with limited supervision, where appropriate.
* Effective communication with clients and other members of the team.
* Ensuring client matters are progressed effectively.
* Managing a varied caseload and being flexible to changing demands.
- An experienced lawyer 91-2PQE) with proven experience in all aspect of private M&A transactions
- It would also be helpful (although not essential) if you had some experience in private equity, public M&A, capital markets and real estate finance
- Some business development experience
- Excellent drafting and research skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.