A UK and international law firm.
The firm is currently looking to recruit a lawyer 6pqe+ to join the Firm's contentious insurance and financial services practice in the London office.
The candidate will have a broad experience of litigation, insurance and financial services disputes.
The work will be a mixture of general insurance coverage, defence work, commercial disputes (acting for both insurers and policyholders) and commercial litigation for financial services firms.
Examples of the type of work would include:
* Providing coverage advice and analysis on a variety of policy wordings including D&O, PTL, Crime, Property/BI, Professional indemnity, Construction, W&I, Cyber Liability and Employer's liability
* Acting for insurers and financial institutions in a range of commercial disputes including mediations and arbitrations.
* Representing financial institutions and Directors and Officers in the defence of claims against them.
* Profit share and commission disputes between regulated and non-regulated businesses;
* Acting for commercial policyholders on a range of contentious insurance matters
The successful candidate must be technically excellent but, equally important, commercially aware and enthusiastic about business development.
They will be a team player with a strong client-focussed approach. They will also have excellent communication and organisational skills.
Ultimately, they will have the soft-skills allied with technical delivery to create their own practice and generate revenue. Lawyers in the Insurance Team are encouraged to develop trusted adviser status at the Executive level for their largest clients, and they will be supported to develop these skills by lawyers with a proven track record of doing this.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.