Our client is national and they are looking for an NQ-2PQE to join the construction litigation team in the Birmingham office. Construction is core to the business so this is an exciting opportunity to work on very high quality work
They are building a high profile and highly skilled team to be based in Birmingham alongside the existing Partner, Senior Associate and trainee, and work seamlessly with the dynamic national practice.
Key to the success of this initiative will be an ambitious new recruit who will join an established and industry-rated partner to help drive and develop the practice.
As an existing construction litigation lawyer at a leading practice you will already be operating with a certain degree of autonomy and advising clients on a wide variety of construction and engineering related disputes. In this role you can expect to be involved in:
- Proceedings in the TCC;
- Alternative dispute resolution, including adjudication, mediation and the resolution of claims under the pre-action protocol for construction and engineering disputes.Specifically PFI and defects disputes;
- Dispute avoidance and risk management;
- Contractual interpretation;
- Professional negligence;
- General advisory work;
- Domestic projects in the main but with the opportunity to become involved in international matters;
- Proactive participation in individual, team and office based business development initiatives;
- Expanding our provision of construction litigation services regionally;
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in other offices and other practice areas, andtravel as required;
- Participate in firm-wide and departmental meetings, training sessions and social events, including travelling to internal meetings or attending via video-con, and contributing to the integration of the Birmingham DART team with the firm's wider Construction Litigation practice in the UK and regional offices;
- Delegating client work effectively to junior fee-earners as appropriate;
- Contributing effectively to department and firm wide performance goals;
- Assist in Initiating, building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and market intermediaries;
- In addition, you will be required to work with Exeter, London and Manchester and provide support on projects not necessarily from the Birmingham office.
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures and;
- Train and develop junior staff (where appropriate).
The firm has a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies they expect of those at difference levels. In particular for this role they require:
- Excellent technical skills and innovative approach to their application;
- Strong client focus;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Commercial awareness;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Substantial client management experience;
- Flexibility and can-do approach, team player;
- Excellent communication skills with a collaborative approach;
- Demonstrable experience/passion for business development;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presenting and client facing skills.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Qualified solicitor with experience in construction litigation
- Knowledge of FIDIC and NEC would be an advantage;
Excellent academics and training.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.