A major international law firm.
The firm has a great opportunity to join the Competition Team as a Professional Support Lawyer.
The PSL will have strong "black letter law" technical and drafting skills but will also bring opinions and ideas to the table, both in respect of optimising the role and delivering the training and know-how required by the Competition Team, and in respect of business development initiatives.
The key functions of the role will be to co-ordinate/deliver:
* Competition precedents and know-how bank
* Internal and external training programmes
* Horizon scanning, articles and seminars/webinars
* Client specific updates and other know-how solutions
* Contributing to the drafting of written pitch materials and proposals, in close collaboration with the Marketing & Business Development teams
The PSL will also participate in/contribute to relevant firm wide projects and provide Ad hoc support to fee earners.
The successful candidate will work with the Legal Tech Tools Team to implement commercial solutions and will have a future-facing 'eye' on the most efficient ways of working, data capture and added value collaboration tools/platforms that may benefit their clients
Either an experienced PSL or currently be in/recently have left private practice.
* 3 days per week minimum but this is negotiable
* OC/Senior Associate level and a self-starter
* Mainstream competition experience e.g. merger control, investigations, abuse of dominance, anti-competition agreements, subsidy control, state aid, procurement. Trade or sanctions experience would be a bonus.
* EU qualifications also an advantage (for Brussels support)
* Role will involve black letter law knowledge and competition team training requirements, updating, sanitising and filing precedents, process improvements. BD skills would be an advantage i.e. horizon scanning, client training, pitches etc.
* Although the team is based in London, some UK and international travel may be required
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.