One of the world's leading international law firms with an extensive corporate, commercial and financing practice.
Within a team which has a reputation as one of the world's leading 'go to' competition law practices whose associates have regular involvement in cutting edge work.
The group handles a variety of types of work across the competition and regulatory field.
As a general guide you can expect about 50% of the workload to be merger work with the remaining 50% being a mixture of cartel, state aid, public procurement, abuse of dominance, regulatory and other contentious matters.
* Drafting, reviewing and amending the legal and commercial aspects of documentation
* Advising on a range of competition law and commercial issues
* Providing efficient professional support for partners
* Developing professional relationships with clients
* Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm
* Managing/supervising the work of others including trainees
* Ability to draft, advise and negotiate in relation to complex transactions
* First rate legal/commercial knowledge
* Strong academic background (the equivalent of high 2.1 degree and AAB at A-level) and a demonstrable high level of intellectual analysis
* Excellent client relationship skills
* Excellent efficiency and transaction management skills
* Ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually challenging environment
* Resilient under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
* High level of professionalism and integrity
* Previous experience in a City, major regional or leading international firm.
* Exposure across a range of high value Commercial and Corporate transactions
* Exposure to similar scale deals
* Experience of advising on regulatory matters - i.e. companies in the regulated sectors (telecoms, energy, broadcasting etc)
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.