Our client is an international commercial firm and they are recruiting a junior Solicitor NQ-3PQE (or equivalent) specifically to join the fast growing Technology and Commercial team in Leeds, working as part of the 40 strong national team, to work for some of their major national and international clients within key sectors including financial services, public sector and private healthcare as well as a number of key technology clients. Work is growing fast here, resulting in the need to find a new team member, either at the junior end or a bit more qualified and able to manage their own workload.
The successful applicant would work primarily on commercial/IT and telecoms projects, but also with a data privacy dimension (and the candidate might wish to apply for a position in our growing Information Law Team). The workload includes general commercial agreements, software development and licensing, intellectual property matters, telecoms contracts, compliance and general regulatory work, product and services supply agreements, data protection, IT and business process outsourcing, and public sector and public/private partnership IT projects.
* Handle a varied workload, act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
* Work flexibly with clients who may or may not be legally qualified. Develop an early awareness of the relationship with and position of client contacts.
* Assist, where required, with the relationship management of existing clients of the business.
* Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. article and newsletter authorship, attending marketing events and client training.
* Work with other practice groups to identify mutual business opportunities. Build effective internal and external networks.
* Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
* Maintain and develop technical knowledge and commercial skills and awareness through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
* Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
* A basic knowledge of and interest in Information Technology and an enthusiasm to learn more
* Typically having between 0 - 3 years post qualification experience.
* Good relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
* Strong communication skills, with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels.
* Ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues.
* Robust personality, not afraid of working for challenging clients.
* Experience of dealing with commercially minded and focussed clients and shaping advice to the needs of such clients, or able to demonstrate a clear willingness and capability to work in this way.
* Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with team members, to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.