We are looking for a principal associate to join the Real Estate NSL. Based in Manchester you will assist the partners and other fee earners, undertaking a wide range of commercial property work.
Areas of work will include:
- Land acquisitions and disposals including options and conditional contracts.
- Property investment acquisitions and disposals acting for buyers and sellers
- Acting for the public and private sector in development and re-generation projects.
- Logistics, leisure, education, healthcare and mixed use development work (excluding construction).
- Promotion Agreements
You are likely to be 8+ PQE or equivalent experience, with good quality real estate (commercial property) experience.
- Good academics, i.e. 2:1 degree or equivalent and good A Level grades or equivalents.
- Technically strong
- Excellent written English for drafting purposes
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A can do approach
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time and file management
- An ability to build relationships with clients, potential clients and witnesses
- Good research skills
- Evidence of negotiating skills
- Competent analytical skills, ability to work under pressure, flexibility and team working
- Appropriate interpersonal skills as this work involves many challenges to practitioners, who must be able to deal with a variety of people issues
- Current knowledge and understanding of:
o medium-large scale mixed use development
o medium-large scale portfolio acquisitions and disposals
Why should I apply?
The Real Estate practice at this firm is one of the leading teams in the UK. Nationally we number over 100
lawyers and regularly advise some of the UK's leading and most prestigious organisations and institutions on the
most complex of projects.
This is a great opportunity to join a firm named for a record sixteenth year running as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in The Sunday Times' annual survey, and is one of only a small number of organisations nationally to have achieved a listing for 16 years running, and the only UK law firm.
We have also been named winner of RollOnFriday Firm of the Year for 2019!
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
As you would expect, the firm offers a generous salary and benefits.
What really sets us apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm - they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.