Our client is a full service national law firm.
Our client has an opportunity for an Associate to join their Real Estate team.
The team advise clients on a wide variety of high profile domestic and international real estate investment, development and finance transactions.
This includes acting for: -
- clearing banks and other lenders;
- funds and insolvency practitioners;
- real estate disposals/acquisitions;
- landlord and tenant, and;
- restructuring/insolvency transactions.
You will undertake a broad and varied range of real estate work and play a fundamental role in business development and within dedicated client service teams.
You will have the following responsibilities:
* Assisting on real estate finance, investment based disposals and acquisitions (including corporate share acquisitions), development and restructuring and insolvency transactions.
* Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial real estate documents, including sale/purchase contracts, development agreements, agreements for lease and leases.
* Drafting, reviewing and negotiating security documentation and ancillary property documentation on real estate finance transactions.
* Liaising with our client's tax, planning, construction, employment, corporate and banking teams as appropriate.
* Dealing with the usual real estate due diligence requirements such as the preparation/review of certificates/reports of title and summary report.
* Active participation in business development activities and willingness to instigate own initiatives with support as required.
You will be a Commercial Property solicitor with at least 2-4pqe from a London or top regional law firm.
You will have: -
* experience and understanding of the fundamentals of real estate finance transactions, from both the lender and borrower side.
* experience of real estate investments and development transactions.
* private practice experience of managing own case load and clients is essential.
* good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
* the ability to prioritise and multi-task particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* the ability to interact positively at all levels and be a good team player.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.