Multi office firm in East Midlands and Lincolnshire is looking for a 1PQE+ in commercial property to be situated in the Lincoln office
You will be expected to contribute to the achievement of the department's goals and objectives and to maximise departmental profitability. The role will involve supporting Partners and other Solicitors in providing Commercial Property legal advice to the Firm's clients including our developer/house builder clients. Handling a broad range of quality commercial property work and development work for a variety of clients.
- Dealing with freehold and leasehold sales and purchases, with a focus on higher value, complex transactions, including portfolio sales and purchases.
- Commercial landlord and tenant work (including leases, licences to assign, underlet and alter). Focus on higher value, more complex lease work, managing more junior fee earners in respect of standard management documents, such as licences. Includes development agreements eg agreement for lease with build provisions.
- Dealing with finance and re-mortgage matters.
- Dealing with S106 planning agreements and assisting and supporting junior team members in respect of other statutory agreements (section 38 etc) for residential/commercial developments.
- Site set up work for residential development sites.
- Dealing with standard development documents including options, conditional contracts, coverage provisions and promotion agreements (with support where appropriate from Partners).
- Providing commercial property support to the Corporate & Commercial department.
- Assisting in training and supervision and mentoring of junior fee earners.
- Assisting in training initiatives where required.
- Contributing to and initiating business development events in line with the Business Services Division business plan and the house builder sector initiative.
- Working as a team with and supporting Partners and other fee earners on larger development /complex commercial property matters.
- Ensuring that all matters are conducted in the client's best interest and in accordance with the highest professional standards and applicable "quality" standards at all times.
- Maintaining files so that they are clear and well organised and ensuring that each file is reviewed on a regular basis and by reference to the monthly matters list produced by the accounts team.
- Maintaining time recording on client matters on a daily basis.
- Regularly updating clients as to the current situation of their case.
- Dealing with routine and difficult enquiries from telephone callers and clients effectively and efficiently and ensuring that all client complaints are dealt with both professionally and promptly to the complete satisfaction of the client.
- A good understanding of the obligations relating to client accounts and ensuring that the preparation and service of bills comply with the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Achieving the annual financial targets set by the Head of Department/Divisional Head.
- Keeping up to date with case law and applying as appropriate.
- Ensuring compliance with Law Society Training Regulations.
- Understanding and adopting the Firm's values and behaviours.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrate the ambition to succeed and commitment to business development and client relationship management.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to adopt a commercial as well as a legal approach to client issues.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Proficiency in analytical research and drafting skills
Adaptability and collaborative working.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.