SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- The ability to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of legal principles and court procedures in relation to general litigation and in particular commercial work.
- The ability to prepare cases at all levels of court in connection with general litigation and in particular commercial work.
- The ability to determine appropriately the need for experts, agents or counsel to be instructed upon issues which they are to address.
- The ability to recognise their own limitations and to refer to the Head of Department in appropriate circumstances.
- As most cases are complex and high value there will be little need for advocacy as counsel is invariably instructed. There is opportunity to conduct mediations on smaller cases if desired.
- Whilst the work is varied it often involves claims for professional negligence, fraud, director wrongdoing, company disputes and complex contractual disputes. There are occasional cross border issues to consider.
- A working knowledge of insolvency and company law would be an advantage.
Our client is a successful full service law firm established in 1978 with a Head Office in Manchester city centre. We have a Family team based in Liverpool, and launched a London office in May 2019. We offer a broad range of legal services to both commercial and private clients who range from private individuals, from all walks of life, through to SME's and major national and international companies. We place the uppermost value on building close working relationships with our clients and are there for the ordinary issues as well as the extraordinary ones. 73% of all new work in the past year has come from new clients across all disciplines this firm is a popular choice due to our reputation as an entrepreneurial firm and inspiring place to work. As of May 2019, we have over 500 staff and partners. In 2019 we were ranked 21st in the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to work for and we were awarded Large Law Firm of the Year at the Manchester Legal Awards 2019.