Our client is an International firm, top tier in the UK and they are looking for a commercial litigation NQ-3PQE for the Manchester office
The Litigation Group understands that an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the transactions underpinning the disputes we deal with is essential to the sensible resolution of those disputes. The unit represents a large number of blue chip companies, public sector authorities/departments and high net worth individuals across a huge range of sectors - retail, transport, digital, food and drink, health, industrial, automotive, energy, utilities, financial services etc. Often working very closely with our non-contentious colleagues, our in-depth knowledge and understanding of the way our clients operate gives us a significant advantage over our opponents, who are often the magic circle/major city firms. We have a real expertise in the issues which are important, including fast delivery of commercial solutions to complex and critical issues, with the ability to utilise a combination of formal proceedings (including court and arbitral proceedings) and all aspect of alternative dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation and adjudication.
We are looking to recruit an associate for the Manchester Litigation team who has experience working on commercial litigation matters. It is essential that you have the core skills, quality and versatility to work on any type of commercial litigation and arbitration.
Any successful application will need the following skills:
- Ability to support cases across a broad range of commercial litigation issues.
- The ability to manage aspects of complex cases and clients, with proven negotiation skills.
- Displays a knowledge of key areas of the law by providing clear, precise, practical advice.
- The ability to liaise effectively with other fee earners from within the group, but also to liaise and coordinate with fee earners from other relevant disciplines and jurisdictions as required.
- Be keen to operate in a challenging, team-based environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent academic achievement with a minimum 2:1 degree
- at least 6 months' experience of commercial litigation gained within a comparable environment and at an appropriate level
- clear understanding of the operation and structure of a Top 20 law firm
ability to achieve continuous improvement and development
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.