A global law firm with a network which provides an exceptional platform for handling major cross-border disputes and in recent years has helped clients to achieve success in some of the most complex international disputes and investigations.
A commercial litigation lawyer with 3-6pqe your remit will be to apply your full knowledge of the law within your specialist area by identifying legal issues, drafting and advising clients.
You will be responsible for handling a broad range of work in L&DR across the following areas:
* Litigation - advising top UK and international corporations, banks and financial institutions on a wide range of complex, often cross border, disputes, including M&A disputes, banking litigation, group litigation, aircraft finance disputes and antitrust litigation.
* Financial services enforcement - handling all aspects of criminal and enforcement matters, including advising clients on how to avoid the substantial risks that investigations and prosecutions pose, representing clients before regulatory and self-regulatory bodies and defending clients in investigations and in the courtroom in both civil and criminal trials.
* Compliance - To assist corporations with financial crime compliance matters in relation to sanctions, money laundering and bribery.
* Regulatory investigations - supporting and advising on investigations and disciplinary proceedings by regulatory authorities.
* Arbitration / international trade / public international law - representing corporates, financial institutions, states and international organisations in international commercial and investment treaty arbitration, and inter-state disputes. Advising on matters of public international law and international trade law.
* Insurance - representing insurance policyholders on insurance coverage disputes and advising them on policy and the use of insurance to support projects and transactions, with a particular focus on credit, political risk, title, property, business interruption and liability insurance. Also representing major insurers and other clients in disputes and contentious regulatory matters.
You will be an outstanding lawyer with relevant post qualification experience who will have worked within contentious UK and international commercial matters, looking to join a multi-disciplined team.
You will currently be practising commercial litigation at a top-ranked practice and have an outstanding academic track record.
You will have developed exceptional written and oral communication skills advising clients, with plenty of case handling ability leading a team and/or working as a number 2 in a larger team.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills and be comfortable researching and applying complex areas of law and be a mid-level lawyer who has outstanding experience of UK and international disputes.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.