We are an international commercial firm looking to strengthen our Clinical Negligence teams in both Leeds and Newcastle and we have an opportunity for candidates with experience in this field. The role presents an excellent opportunity for ambitious and commercially minded individuals to join a progressive and highly specialised team.
* Handling a challenging high value caseload of pre-lit and litigated defendant clinical negligence claims on behalf of the NHS Resolution, NHS Trusts, and MDU. This will involve drafting pre action protocol letters of response, pleadings, witness statements and counter schedules, instructing experts and counsel, as well as conducting negotiations and mediation of claims or attending trial.
* Acting as first and primary point of contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice and reports.
* Adhering closely to client protocol and process, using our bespoke case management system.
* Making an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development.
* Writing articles for publication both for in-house and external publications.
* Solicitors with substantial and in-depth defendant clinical negligence experience - ideally 4-8 years' PQE however we will always consider more experienced candidates, and NQ - 4PQEs with relevant experience.
* Solicitors with experience in defendant personal injury or claimant clinical negligence will also be considered
* Strong commercial understanding of the NHS and their business drivers, including knowledge of and ability to deliver against protocols and KPIs.
* Strong technical skill and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
* A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues and to be highly client- focused.
* Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues building up strong relationships.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.