The Clinical Negligence team advises private clients on complaints and claims involving any type of medical negligence.
You will be responsible for assisting a team of Legal Advisors and assist across the wider Medical Negligence team with Medical Negligence claims with a broad range of values.
The role is based in Birmingham but with some occasional travel across the majority of offices and locations
- Provide a comprehensive case progression service including helping to manage litigation timetables, deadlines, medical reports, appointments, etc
- Assist in evidence gathering to include medical reports, statements, other documentary evidence and experts' reports.
- To ensure that all work and the collected evidence is properly marshalled and recorded on the file, its source documented with full explanations and clear notes of work done and advice given.
- Take detailed witness statements as required both on and off site
- Research and preparation of legal papers.
- Be available to proactively advise as well as respond to clients and assist others involved in case preparation by telephone and in person
- To develop rapport with client's witnesses, Counsel and experts thereby assisting in delivering excellent client service
|Skills and qualifications|
- Degree and LPC or ILEX qualified.
- At least 6 months experience within a legal environment in a similar paralegal role, ideally within clinical negligence or litigation.
- Excellent client care skills.
- Self confidence and ability to demonstrate initiative.
- Good working knowledge of various applications - word, excel, outlook, digital dictation
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and remain calm under pressure and find solutions.
- A methodical and organised approach with keen attention paid to every detail.
- Good organisational skills to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that urgent work is completed and returned within the specified timescales.