Our client is a national firm and they are recruiting a Solicitor or equivalent experienced case handler to undertake all tasks involved with managing a litigated clinical negligence caseload. Based in Birmingham
Main duties and responsibilities
- Conduct investigations in order to determine liability and quantum risks
- Liaise with all the interested parties including witnesses, experts etc
- Obtain and review relevant medical records and policies
- Instruction of experts: liability and quantum.
- Written advice in accordance with client protocols for approval by Nominated Partner.
- Attend in person meetings away from the office
- Achieve fees and chargeable hours targets
- Mentor/supervise more junior colleagues (where applicable)
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
- Complete Management Information procedures as and when required
- Adhere to client protocols and Service Level Agreements
- Compliance with relevant deadlines, quality measures and key progress indicators
- Comply with Firm's relevant policies and procedures
- Contribute to profile-raising and business development initiatives
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.