Solicitor - Charities and Social Enterprise Team
This firms core sector focus cover 4 key areas of Education, Charity and Social Enterprise, Business and Private Clients providing advice to a wide breadth of independent schools, state-maintained schools, multi-academy trusts, charities, family-run businesses or international companies and individuals.
The firm is growing and has offices throughout the UK. We are recognised in the Legal 500 and the Chambers and Partners directories as leaders for the Education and Charity Law in particular.
Awarded the Investors in People Gold in 2016 the firm works hard to engage employees to help shape the direction of the firm's values and culture. Diversity and inclusion initiatives with the BiTC and LeGal Best network are promoted across all offices.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our well established and nationally recognised Charity and Social Enterprise Team. The role will be based in our Leeds office however may require occasional travel to any of our other locations or off site as client demands require.
The successful candidate will be involved in all areas of law and practice relating to charities and social enterprise. They will be highly experienced in Charity Law and will have a following or a proven track record of generating work. The Team work on many high profile matters and are at the forefront of developments in law and practice.
The current case load of the Charity and Social Enterprise Team contains a mix of the following:-
- Charity governance
- Major project work
- Funding initiatives
- Formation of new charities and other social enterprise vehicles
- Charity constitutions including Charity Commission schemes and orders
- Restructuring, mergers and other transfers of businesses and assets
- Legal audits
- Trading structures
- Commercial partnerships
- Charity Commission Inquiries and other Charity Commission monitoring and investigation including assisting with Interim Manager work
- Charity litigation, including the Charity Tribunal
The successful candidate will be a NQ - 6 PQE Solicitor and will have trained within a well-regarded City or regional practice. They will have a following of work or the ability to generate work and be driven to develop the Firm's offering as a whole and also to grow the Firm's presence in the field of Charity and Social Enterprise in the North East.
- Effectively manage an individual caseload.
- Attend to clients of the Firm in the office or elsewhere if needed.
- Work in a collegiate and collaborative way within an immediate Team and wider Firm environment.
- Communicate promptly and effectively both internally to colleagues and externally to clients.
- Maintain your continuing professional development requirements and take an active interest in furthering your knowledge within the field of law.
- To carry out your work for both colleagues and clients to the highest possible standard, having regard to the Firm's standards, procedures and core values.
- To regularly attend, and be involved in preparation for, Team meetings.
- To attend and be involved in preparation for marketing and business development events and activities.
The successful candidate must be prepared to work beyond standard office hours in order to meet deadlines where necessary.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.