A cutting edge award winning structural design consultancy.
Our client is looking for a highly-motivated legal counsel to support their legal team. Initially covering a period of 6 month maternity leave, you will work under the supervision and support of the legal director/company secretary and managing director with your key responsibilities including working with the legal and commercial counsel to provide legal support across the company as a whole.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
* Drafting and negotiating construction, engineering and infrastructure contracts, consultant appointments, sub-consultant appointments, and other construction documentation
* Advising on general commercial contracts across the business
* Report regularly to the legal director / company secretary and managing director on project status and participate in team meetings (including coordination with other group businesses)
* Ensure that relevant documents are filed in Legal Department database / folders
* Monitoring for and advising the business on new and proposed UK legislation, regulation and guidance with direct input on GDPR strategy
* Support a collaborative and proactive relationship with other group businesses where required and attend any required meetings to support wider commercial issues under the guidance of the legal director / company secretary and managing director
* Support the implementation of new business processes
You will need to be able to work well as part of a small, friendly team and operate across the wider business, with an ability to think and advise commercially. Your ability to adapt and offer flexibility to the needs of the business is paramount, and you will have a great appetite for driving projects and working in a creative, high-energy environment.
You will have: -
* Sound legal and commercial experience
* Good organisational qualities and an ability to work on numerous tasks concurrently
* Experience of advising on/negotiating/drafting/managing commercial contracts (ideally in the professional services sector) across multiple jurisdictions
* Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with multiple business functions
* Experience of rigorous analysis of complex issues as well as proven delivery of pragmatic solutions to problems
* An incisive, open-minded and strategic thinker who can diplomatically and effectively resolve issues
* A natural communicator who is able to present ideas articulately and openly; with the ability to effectively influence people at all levels
* Knowledge of current and emerging legislation
* Ability to work calmly under pressure and cope with peak work loads
* Capability to prioritise workload without supervision
* Previous experience working in a fast-growing, agile, adaptable commercial environment preferred and in-house experience desirable, but not essential
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Law or Legal Practice Course qualification/equivalent
* 2-5 years PQE (aptitude and personality culture-fit will be given significantly greater weight over PQE in assessment) as a lawyer, legal executive, contracts manager or senior paralegal or equivalent with commercial contracts experience, preferably in the construction consultancy industry
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.