This firm is an established law firm with offices in Leeds, Sheffield and York.
We seek an experienced Agricultural Solicitor to join the department and be based in any of our offices in Leeds, York or Sheffield to help take the business to the next level.
The successful candidate must have excellent technical ability and experience of handling a broad range of work, realistically having a minimum of 3 years PQE as you will be expected to manage your own caseload, support staff and participate in the Firm's marketing activities. All levels of experience will be considered.
The role within the Agricultural and Landed Estates Team sits within the Commercial Property Department and is to take on an existing caseload alongside building up your own following.
Ideally we seek an individual who specialises in agricultural and rural property work, and you should be capable of managing a wide range of matters including complex and high value sales and purchases, mortgages of agricultural land and buildings, advising upon and preparing agricultural tenancy agreements including the surrender of and succession to AHA tenancies, sporting rights and dealing with easements, e.g. cable easements for windfarms and easements for pipelines running across agricultural land. A background in commercial property with the ability to deal with commercial purchases, sales and leases for farming clients including overage agreements, conditional contracts and options would be an advantage.
Ideally you will have experience of acting for both large and small farming clients, large estate clients and also financial institutions.
You should have the following attributes:-
- A minimum of 3 years PQE gained in Commercial Property and Agricultural law;
- A strong client following or contacts whom you are able to bring with you;
- The ability to generate your own caseload through existing contacts and from client referrals;
- Good marketing focus and be commercially aware with a proven background of successful involvement in business development strategies to enable you to contribute to the growth of the Firm's portfolio;
- Credible and professional enough to contribute to the growth of an already established department;
- Pro-active, driven, professional and flexible as well as being friendly, and a good team player;
- Additional managerial skills and be seeking to lead and mentor a successful department.
Possessing strong client development and networking skills, applicants should be confident, self-motivated individuals with excellent IT skills, who can convince us they will enjoy being part of an integrated team but who will also thrive in working in an autonomous working environment.
The successful candidate will be tasked with developing a full and varied caseload to cover the full remit of non-contentious agricultural matters with a focus on high value transactions, whilst being excited at having the opportunity to join a strong and close knit team where they can contribute to the growth of the department.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.