The Marine team is truly expert in this field, having a lengthy association with maritime affairs. The lawyers are experienced in all aspects of freight and shipping law, and they offer contentious and non-contentious expertise for marine insurers, underwriters, port authorities, charterers, ship-yards, shipping lines, freight-forwarders, P&I Clubs and traders.
This position is based in the Marine team in the Liverpool office which now forms part of the LTA Division.
To assist partners and other team members with their caseloads, and manage own caseload, of marine and transit work on behalf of ship owners and operators, marine, cargo, hull and yacht insurers, P&I Clubs, ports and intermediaries, fleet hauliers, warehouse and storage facility operators.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Assist partners and other team members with their caseloads
- Manage own caseload
- Assist with and oversee money laundering checks on all new matters (or where funds are received on existing files - subject to supervision)
- Perform file management duties, including filleting files for closure/archiving; indexing and collating large case papers and ensuring maintenance of client details and information, both on physical file and on case management system
- Liaise with clients, insurers and other parties
- Attend on minor applications at court (in chambers)
- Assisting in establishing and maintaining precedent files for the team
- Complete MI procedures as and when required
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to have other duties and responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.